Friday, March 20, 2009

Dinesh & Shannon - Update, March 2009 - Asia

I have just finished my first year at the Seminary. Two to go, and I know they will pass quickly as this one has. As I reflect upon what I have learned, three things stand out from this year. First, preaching in a manner that is worthy of God and His Word requires HARD work. Second, as we finished Basic Greek, I am now beginning to understand the importance of studying the original languages. Reading the NT in English is wonderful, but learning to read it in Greek is like seeing a veil over the text being lifted. There’s a richness underneath that you didn’t see before. Third, the more time I spend in God’s Word I find one recurring theme-my deficiency in every area when compared with the standards God requires of me. That is to say, there is need of much growth as a husband, father, son, brother, classmate, doctor, missionary and a servant. I pray God may grant growth not only in knowledge but also in godliness during these years of training.
In all the busyness of the last year, one of the things I’m thankful for is the emphasis the seminary places upon family. It’s really fun watching [our children] growing at such a rapid rate these days. I really cherish the time we spend together as a family. We also continue to be very thankful for a church where we enjoy good feeding from God’s Word and rich fellowship with friends.
As for future plans, we continue to pray and seek guidance for ministry after seminary. Beginning in May, we will be visiting several places in [the north] over the next couple of years exploring prospects for future ministry. As we plan to return to a rural area, the desire for teammates is again a priority. Please pray for God’s provision and that we might know His will in these things.
· Dinesh would like to have some surgical experience during his break and is currently looking for a job.
· Our future placement and teammates.
· Our personal walks with the Lord—guarding our quiet time, growing in our prayer life. Cultivating hearts of worship.

No comments: